View Single Post
Old
06-03-2013, 08:32 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
If it's any help:

Hall of Famers out of that list:

Ching Johnson--who played almost his entire career with the Rangers and I think he was an original Ranger. Earl Seibert--played his first 5 years and then I think he went on to the Black Hawks. I also believe he was on the 1933 Rangers Stanley Cup team. Babe Pratt--an original Ranger? Neil Colville--who's career was broken up by WWII--Rangers were his only team. Doug Harvey was the premier offensive defenseman of his time--most of that time was spent with the Montreal Canadiens. Bill Gadsby spent several years with the Rangers and just about an equal amount of time with both the Red Wings and Blackhawks--like Brad Park he is considered one of the best players never to win a Stanley Cup. Art Coulter--a mean, nasty guy--not sure if he played on the '33 Rangers Cup winner but he was definitely on the 1940 cup winning team. Allan Stanley--first several years with the Rangers--became a big star with the Maple Leafs. Harry Howell--arguably the best Rangers defenseman post WWII until Brad Park arrived. Brad Park. Brian Leetch--maybe the best Rangers player ever--IMO their best ever d-man.

Other important old timers. Clarence 'Taffy' Abel--an original Ranger. Hy Buller--maybe the first ever Jewish player in a Ranger jersey--excellent d-man. 'Leapin' Lou Fontinato--one nasty customer. Ott Heller. Muzz Patrick--son of Lester.

Guys I've actually seen as Rangers worthy of mention:

Barry Beck, Ron Greschner, Dave Maloney, Jim 'The Chief' Neilson, Reijo Ruotsolainen--little Finnish guy--great offensive player, Carol Vadnais, James Patrick, Jeff Beukeboom, Sergei Zubov, Kevin Lowe, Ulf Samuelsson, Michal Rozsival and to that list I'd also add Staal, McDonagh and Girardi.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote