View Single Post
Old
06-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Habs_Apostle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Of course it is. I mean, it's not like the Bruins came out in the third with this mission on. The Leafs scored two goals early in the third to make it 4-1. The Bruins scored one goal midway through the third, and then scored 2 more with less than 1:30 left in the game.
But hey, that only tied the game. They also finished it by scoring in OT.
If you think no luck was involved there, then you my friend are quite naive.
Sometimes teams can outperform the other for a playoff series and still lose, fast.
Boston was down two goals with 1:30 minute left. They needed everything to go their way in order to win that game.

But it's clear you don't pay attention to the lucky bounces as much as I do. I tend to focus a lot on them during games.
To win the lotto you need to be incredibly lucky. But if you never buy a ticket, you will never win. Similarly, Boston needed a little luck to score those goals, sure. But they put themselves in a position for those goals to be scored: through hard work they created chances whereby the puck just might bounce their way - and it did. This is what people mean when they say you create your own luck. Boston did just that, and deserve credit.