View Single Post
Old
10-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Happy Girl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughExcuses View Post
What was the score? After seeing that Florida dropped a 6-0 decision to the Thrashers tonight (did Eddie play the whole game? If so, no more Bel-four should be Cats fans' new cheer), I'm relieved to see UVM had better luck. Especially beating Miami U (as the announcers made a point of saying your school prefers to be called), a top team, gives me hope that they'll be up with the big boys of Hockey East, BU and BC.

Last time I checked, it was 4 - 1 UVM with 2 minutes to go. And yes, this whole Miami of Ohio is really an ESPN thing. I only use it when I am talking to people who are not from this area so they know which one I mean. The school's official name is Miami University. We were a university before Florida was a state, established in 1809. The university was founded on a land tract given to us from the Miami tribe and we still have a strong affiliation with the tribe. I believe that all members of the tribe can go to Miami for free. The Miami tribe was very prolific in this region and there are many things with the Miami name, including two rivers and a county.

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote