Old
10-08-2006, 11:24 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Bill Madden and Lou Piniella are likethis

Torre isn't the problem but they have so many players tied up to rich guaranteed contracts which are unmovable,it's easier to fire and hire a new manager than trade some of their players

Hughes and Clippard are double A pitchers.No need to rush them

Abreu is a signed player for 2007.The team option is for 2008 with a $2 million buyout

Damon and Matsui have NTC's.So does Abreu and Giambi.Plus AROD who needs to be traded for his own sanity.Maybe Lou who is close to Alex can get him to relax more in this environment.AROD is a soap opera and a distraction
The jump from AA to the majors has been done many, many times over the last decade or so and you see it frequently with the more talented phenoms. The team needs the fresh blood and the youth (not to mention the arms). AAA in many cases has become more for career minor leaguers and borderline guys trying to eek out that last 5-10% of performance necessary to take the final step. Hughes at the very least has earned every opportunity to pitch in the show.

I hear you on the no-trades and I don't think Matsui, Abreu or Damon will leave (based on my projected lineup). But don't you think both ARod and Giambi wouldn't mind playing elsewhere?

If they are going to replace Joe, I'd much rather see Girardi than Piniella. Lou strikes me as the managerial equivalent of Gary Sheffield.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote