View Single Post
Old
06-04-2013, 03:42 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I did - but mostly as a member of the Bruins.

If Park had the years of service that Leetch did, then I'd put it up for debate. Again, judging solely on his career with the Rangers and Leetch's career as a Ranger, I don't think it's much of a contest. If you want to debate who had the better overall career, then I'd probably lean towards Park but it's close. All of those 2nd place Norris finishes aren't really taking into account that when Orr was no longer an effective player (1975+), Park had another 10 years of his career to win the Norris with no Orr and didn't. Leetch did. Twice.
The years after Orr were filled with knee injuries for Park, the same thing that cut Orr's career.

Those that didn't see Park cannot understand that Park was a force on D that Leetch never was. Before his knees went he was the most feared checker in the game, at least in my opinion.

He threw a hip check that routinely tossed players crashing to the ice and he was not afraid of anyone. I remember him nailing Howe and Beliveau.

Park was also hindered because in addition to being their best offensive defenseman he often served as an enforcer type. He backed down from no one, once going after the feared Dave Schultz.

I understand picking Leetch over him based on longevity. Aside from that I will go with Park.

By the way, I believe Park was in the Playoffs 22 times.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote