View Single Post
Old
06-04-2013, 06:27 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
I would agree with you if Park wasn't finishing 2nd to probably one of the Top 3 players to ever play.

Park had a better all around game than Leetch...Leetch has the edge offensively but Park was no slouch offensively, he played better D, was more physical and fought.
You certainly can say that. Sure.

Who had a better career as a Ranger? Park, with his 7+ seasons, no Cups, No Norris', No Calder, no Conn Smythe and only one season where he played every game or Leetch, with a Cup, 2 Norris', a Calder, a Conn Smythe, 3 years as a Captain and who knows how many as an alternate, played in every game 8 seasons, etc...

As far as careers as Rangers are concerned, it really isn't close. Take the 2 Norris' away and you still have the Cup and broken curse, you have the Conn Smythe winner delivering that cup with a stupid number of points in the playoffs as a defenseman, and you have a Calder trophy, too. Couple that with a career as a Ranger more than twice Park's, his number in the rafters, and his witty commentary on post game shows (I kid, I kid) and I don't see that they're even comparable. As Rangers

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote