View Single Post
Old
06-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Richter Scale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
There is nothing wrong with the conversation, but the time to really influence rankings will be in Round 2 of the voting.
Yea, I'm mostly just pushing the debate forward to A) play devil's advocate (though I legitimately do think Park should be considered closer to Leetch than it seems a lot of people are giving him credit for), B) to push forward arguments/discussion about players' defensive skills in the hopes that this isn't ignored in the final rankings (though it is obviously everyone's prerogative to place value wherever they want), and C) clarify in my own mind how I'm going to think about and rank defenders since a number of the considerations are pretty different than what I might consider for ranking Centers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
As far as careers as Rangers are concerned, it really isn't close.
I can't tell from your posts whether you're getting snippy, if your writing style just comes off defensive/confrontational/aggressive, or if I'm reading too much into some of what you write -- but, in case you've interpreted anything I've said so far as a slight; to be clear, I'm really not trying to say you're "wrong," or to jilt you in any fashion.

When it comes down to it, as I have already said, I probably agree with you and ultimately rank Leetch ahead of Park. But I do disagree with the bold in that quote - and that is the main reason I'm even putting up any sort of debate. It seems like it comes down to you (I assume) valuing a defenseman's offense more than I do, and less than their defense - and that is perfectly fine.

Richter Scale is offline   Reply With Quote