View Single Post
Old
06-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Frk It
#TwentyFour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
If we can find a team that's willing to do something around Kindl+ for a top 6 RH shot forward I'd be all for signing Streit. Though he can no longer handle top pairing minutes giving him Kindl's minutes would almost certainly give us more production.

Say we sign Streit at 2 years x 6M, we have to overpay on the dollar side if we want him to sign for only 2 years, we then trade Kindl+(Insert prospect) for that RH forward.

On defense we go with pretty much the same thing as this year:

Kronwall-Ericsson <- Our top pairing, top shutdown pair.

Quincey-Smith <- Yep, they're back again. They play the 2nd hardest minutes

Streit-DeKeyser <-Give them the easy minutes, protects Streit & let's us ease DeKeyser into a bigger role.

I think we have a lot of options this offseason & I think with cap coming down there will be some players on the block who normally wouldn't be there.
Let's not act like Kronwall is a safe top pairing guy. He was -5 his first year playing top pairing minutes. Streit's first year in NYI he played #1 minute overall, scored 56 points, and was a +5. and that was on the Islanders... I know Streit is 35, but I still don't think it's a lock that kronwall would be a better option on the top pair than Streit. You can flame me if you want to and I know Streit had a terrible plus/minus the last 2 seasons, but then again that team was one of the worst in the league. I'm just not a big fan of Kronwall playing top pairing minutes against other teams best units. He's the best we have right now, but he's not the best option in the world.

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote