Thread: Wake Up Call
View Single Post
Old
10-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Lauser3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 925 View Post
Ed Belfour alone deserves blame for every facet of the 10/7 loss to Atlanta.

It's hard enough for a team to deal with a very good opposing goaltender (Lehtonen), but when your oen goalie gives up 4 goals on 9 shots it is extremely deflating.
No, Jacques Martin deserves the blame alone for playing Belfour against a division rival instead of Alex Auld, who was coming off a win. Jacques Martin deserves the blame for not pulling him after the 2 bad goals. Jacques Martin, as now Coach/GM, deserves the blame for not establishing (especially after preseason where he had enough time to see these players) that Belfour was here to back-up Auld not share #1 duties. If he though Belfour was not going to be okay with that then he could have tried to trade him/cut him/bought him out and gone with someone else (Pelletier/Anderson) in our system, picked someone off waiver, or traded picks to get somebody. Jacques Martin deserves the blame for tweaking the roster after a win and by tweaking, I mean placing Kiwi and Eagle in there instead of Monty and Auld who were on the winning roster the night before...especially when you consider that Atlanta is overall a more physical team than Boston. If anything, Kiwi/Jackman should have played against Boston and Montador against Atlanta. Furthermore, Martin made the choice to not adapt to the game last night as quickly as he should have...if things aren't working in a game and your team is getting blown out...time to stir the pot a little or mess with the lines to find something. As much as you can blame the players for not being ready to play...the blame can also fall on the coach for not having them ready. But if any of you have ever caught any of the locker room clips before the games where Martin talks to the guys and tells them the starters...you'll hear that Martin is the same way as his coaching style...boring and uninspiring. Not a good sign, but I'll give it another 8 games before I really go off on this team.

Lauser3* is offline   Reply With Quote