Thread: Speculation: Streit
View Single Post
06-04-2013, 09:55 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I'm not sure why there is so much worry about Streit's age. If he was signed, him and Kronwall would likely be the only D over 30 starting every night. Also, he might be 35, but he's only played 7 years in the NHL (missed an 8th season because of a shoulder injury) - so he doesn't have a lot of wear and tear from the 82 game grind.

Aside from the one missed season, he seems to have had a very good injury track record, he plays in all situations, he takes the body (despite his size), and he produces points at ES and on the powerplay.

Chalk me up as interested. And for a guy who can play 20+ minutes, and consistently put up 40+ points, I don't see $6m a year being too high. I'd worry less about getting our value out of Streit than I would of any of the top forwards.
yeah I wouldn't want to give him more than a couple years because the Wings have a ridiculous amount of legit defensive prospects that need to get a shot at NHL time in the next few years between Sproul/Ouellet/Jensen/Marchenko/Backman(and that's ignoring other lesser guys like Almqvist) and having him around till he's like 40 could potentially do some long term damage but the Wings should definitely kick the tires on getting him for a couple years

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote