View Single Post
Old
06-04-2013, 11:16 PM
ProspectsFanatic
Artturi Lehkonen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
To be totally honest, that you'd think that I do or not know my hockey doesn't phase me one bit. Your analysis is flawed from the start and cannot (and will not) be complete until those players have reached their potential. You're basing it on your estimates, your own evaluation without having seen those players, without true knowledge of what the organization thinks.
Ok, alright... Whatever I say, my reflected opinion has 0 value. Even if I was Trevor Timmins without you knowing it, that wouldn't change anything. You are only waiting for the obvious to happen to have an opinion on that subject. You can't develop any opinion for yourself, so you cannot be wrong at any time. Alright, it's fine I hear you.

But, I really hope you come back in 3 years (or 20 years to be 100% sure) and tell me if I was right or wrong.

By the way, I am happy to know that my thinking of you not knowing your hockey doesn't phase you a bit, because it is impossible for me to hold that statement if you don't have any opinion on that matter. You are just telling me that I cannot be right or wrong, because predictions are only predictions even if the predictions are well supported. What you are saying is equivalent to a lesser degree to; say that the sun will rise tomorrow is irrelevant, because you can't know the future with 100% certainty. Effectively, I can't argue with that. But, life will be pretty miserable if we will only be having discussions based on that way of thinking. And this is exactly what you are actually doing and this is why I am done talking to you.

Last edited by ProspectsFanatic: 06-05-2013 at 01:17 AM.
ProspectsFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote