Old
06-05-2013, 07:47 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
So, awesome story time.

About a week after I graduated, I got a check for $50 from my aunt. I kept meaning to deposit said check, but never got around to it and ultimately lost it in my apartment.

Concurrently to this, I was in touch with a fairly important individual with a reputable double-A baseball club. We went back and forth about what kind of work he would have available this summer. He asked for my cell number, but he never called. I followed up with him a couple of times to no avail, so I decided to take my persistent nature to its natural conclusion: go to a ballgame and try to meet him there. Unfortunately, my bank account was bone dry; I could make the trip and not get in, or I could get in if I could find some way not to pay for the gas to make a 90-minute drive. Both, of course, would be futile.

More or less resigned to a fate of moving back in with my parents while searching for employment, I decided to spend yesterday afternoon cleaning up the flat I'm about to move out of, and guess what I found? A $50 check. I got it cashed, got gas, hit the Interstate, and got an impromptu interview in the bottom of the fourth.

I start next week.
Chattanooga?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote