View Single Post
Old
06-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
He played a ton of minutes in a condensed schedule and didn't miss a game. I think it's flawed logic to think he will miss a big chunk of next year. fatigue was a factor in his play at times, but guys a lot younger and with less injuries also faced the same problem, part of it is not having played a lot the last 2 years and the other part is a crazy schedule. I think his overall game will be better next year and with Subban signed from day 1 his workload should be better managed.
It's not that I think he'll get hurt. It's that I think we should plan for it. He's missed a lot of hockey the past few years and is getting older. We just shouldn't count on him for 82 games, that's all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
That being said, moving him or signing him at some point in the next 6-9 months has to be one of the big issues on MB's docket. I don't like the idea of letting him walk at this stage in the team's development phase. I'm sure he would have a lot of value in a trade but also leave a big hole so it isn't an easy decision. Beaulieu should one day replace him somewhat but that may take 2-3 years, maybe more as he was only 20 this year.
You're right, we can't just let him walk. I think he has a no trade though so its going to be interesting if we're at the deadline and he still isn't signed.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote