View Single Post
Old
06-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Draft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
For me Mantha is a perfect fit for us a big scoring LW (similar to Pacioretty) who can easily be develloped.
Absolutely agree. I think Mantha has the potential to be a more physical, more natural goalscorer than Pacioretty. He has top-10 talent, if he can develop his consistency and effort-level, he could be one of the top-5 players in this draft, he has the physical potential and hockey IQ. You can absolutely develop playing style, just as you can develop skating ability.

I understand that many posters here seem to be very high on character players. That's just fine, based on the current make up of the team, we could really use those types of players in our lineup. However, despite popular cliches, you win by scoring goals, not by being entertaining to watch because of physicality or heart. You can have all of the heart in the world but if you aren't scoring goals, preventing them or assisting them, you aren't a key player or a 1st round pick in my books. I understand the benefits of "intangibles" and heart, it's just hugely overrated on this draft board IMO.

I'm not against Horvat, Compher, Hartman etc. There are just players I'd rather choose that could likely be available.

Edit: My opinion isn't that strong on this, just don't want to choose players that will top out as 3rd liners with our 1st round pick.

Last edited by Draft: 06-05-2013 at 01:18 PM.