View Single Post
Old
06-05-2013, 02:08 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Barkov is not the prospect that MacK is. Now, he could wind up being better, of course, but that's true of Drouin, Nitch, Lindholm and others.... As it stands now, MacK is the best forward prospect in the draft and clearly the best center prospect in the draft. Whatever raving you hear about Barkov falls short of the raves about MacK.

If your argument is that they are close enough that it isn't worth giving up Blum and Smith, I can understand that but disagree (in part because Blum/Smith are expendable assets). I have no idea what type of package it would take to move to #1and whether it is worth it but the opportunity to draft first and take MacK should be explored strongly and seriously if it is even remotely possible to pull it off.
That really depends who you listen to. The top four forwards are shuffled on the various lists .... Droin, not Mac, was the CHL player of the year .... and now each player has his various camp of ardent fans who rant why they should be above another. Luckily these decisions are made by people who watch the players, not youtube highlight reels and actually interview them.