Thread: Confirmed with Link: Antero Niittymaki hired as scout
View Single Post
Old
06-05-2013, 06:57 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck97 View Post
No offense, but how do you know he's a good Euro goalie scout? He has no experience as a scout. I am so tired of the inbreeding of this team. Its as if there are no experienced, talented european goalie scouts anywhere in the world, they have to give this job to a former Flyer with no experience. This team needs to start looking for talent at every rank within the organization, and stop hiring their buddies.

I know this is a minor move, but European goaltenders are the norm in the NHL now, and the inbreeding is really getting to me.
How do you know he won't be? You have to start somewhere at some point. He's been around the game for a while now, I'm sure he knows a little something about what to look for in goalies.

As for your other point almost every other organization brings back their own players in some type of capacity. When hiring someone you usually go with someone you're familar with and that's with most companies not just sports organizations.

Ilkka Sinisalo is still employed as a scout in Europe for us too so it's not like Nitty will be the lone scout there.

Anyway it's way too early to make any judgements of this move but I don't see why anyone would complain right off the bat about it.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote