View Single Post
Old
06-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
What hurts so much is for years the fans were cool with out small, soft team. I kept hearing speed, puck possession...red wings model....but I never saw it...except the speed part...but the rest of the league caught up and it's also easy to stifle speedy players if they are small/soft.

It amazes me how after all these years people are starting to understand that we have been poorly built for years. Extremely frustrating because I think I could have done a better job than both Gainey and Gauthier combined. Yes....I said it.
I'm fine with the Wings model....now...find me a Datzyuk and a Zetterberg and THEN we'll model the Wings. Everything else was a pretty stupid idea to have. By the way, even the speed part I don't buy. People freaking out over the Habs speed and then you watch at least half of the team out west and you wonder who put the game at fast forward....I believe that this speed thing was just a way to find an identity. Yes, we were speedy...but so were at least 15 other teams in the league....