Thread: Prospect Info: Official OKC Barons 12/13 Thread:
View Single Post
Old
06-05-2013, 09:05 PM
millpoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post
Great season. Hate to end it like that, but if you would've told me we would've made it this far when we were clawing to get into the playoffs I would've laughed at you.

Danis got them this far & was indoubtedly the MVP down the stretch. unfortunately laid an egg tonight on some of those goals. He's not the reason they lost this series, moreso special teams.

I would also say the line that didnt contribute in this series at all deserves some responsibility. The Stretch-Green-Pitlick line seemed to really struggle in this series. Sure was hoping Pitlick would start getting onto the scoresheet more.

Can't say enough about this group though. Showed up to battle every night and gave it their all. Futures bright folks, can't wait for next fall.
The future is nice and bright on defence for sure. Happy to see Fedun, Marcincin, Davidson become solid contributors at the AHL level. Will be great to see guys like Musil, Klefbom and (MAYBE) Gernat join them.

The forwards, on the other hand, it seems we have less to be excited about. After Lander and Hartikainen, there's not much else coming that addresses a need on the big club. And with Harti, it's clear he has a lot to work on before he starts to excel in the NHL.

As far as Rajala or Arcobello go, great stories (especially Rajala) but they're more of the same small-type players that have failed the Oilers in the fast. Not writing them off, but they're probably nothing more than trading chips or part of a core on future elite AHL teams.

As for the goalies - nothing to see here.

millpoo is offline   Reply With Quote