Old
06-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Woodhouse
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Could be. Good frame, good away from the puck, athletic family, an edge to his game? Some teams put a premium on that sort of "pro style" forward. I'm sure they've seen him plenty with keeping tabs on Catenacci too.
Well, speaking of eligibles who've played with our players and prospects (in past and current years), the full list is something like:
  • Armia - Finland U20 (WJC-20): Barkov, Lehkonen, Ristolainen.
  • Austin - Belleville (OHL): Subban.
  • Catenacci - Owen Sound (OHL): Bigras, Nastasiuk.
  • Foligno - Sudbury (OHL): Campagna, Corbett, Silk.
  • Gauthier-Leduc - Rimouski (QMJHL): Desrosiers, Morin.
  • Girgensons - Dubuque (USHL): Butcher, Downing; Latvia U20 (WJC-20): Jevpalovs, Lipsbergs.
  • Grigorenko - Quebec (QMJHL): Duclair, Erne, Etchegary, Sorensen; Russia U20 (WJC-20): Nichushkin, Slepyshev.
  • Jacobs - Seattle (WHL): Hauf, Honey, Theodore; Prince George (WHL): McNulty.
  • Kea - Saginaw (OHL): Lodge, Moutrey.
  • Larsson - Brynäs (SEL): Lindholm.
  • Lieuwen - Kootenay (WHL): Descheneau.
  • Makarov - Russia U20 (WJC-20): Nichushkin, Slepyshev.
  • Parker - Prince Albert (WHL): Morrissey.
  • Peterson - Cedar Rapids (USHL): Olsson.
  • Pysyk - Edmonton (WHL): Jarry, Lazar.
  • Ullmark - Modo J20 (SEL): Hagg.
Obviously, some are more notable than others since they shared lines/pairings (ie. Grigorenko w/Erne and Sorensen; Kea w/Moutrey), while others were just a mere handful of games together (ie. Parker and Morrissey; Girgensons and Butcher).

Continuing with the Nastasiuk chatter, and adding Moutrey, here's Brock's take at OHL Prospects:
Quote:
8. Zach Nastasiuk - Forward - Owen Sound Attack
Zach Nasty has been a favourite of mine since he debuted in the OHL last season. The work ethic he brings to the ice makes him a very valuable player for the Attack (and endures him to fans). Early in the season, he excelled in a checking role for Owen Sound; killing penalties, forcing turnovers off the forecheck, and crashing the net for scoring chances. He was also seeing powerplay time as a net presence; looking for deflections and screens. As the season went on, he started looking more and more confident with the puck and began creating his own scoring chances by driving hard to the net with possession. He also got more confidence in using his shot and was more patient with the puck in the cycle. By the end of the season and into the playoffs, I felt like Nastasiuk was possibly Owen Sound's top offensive player, or at least in the same conversation as Dan Catenacci. In his final 22 games (including the playoffs), he had 10 goals, and 12 assists (a ppg). He then went off to the Under 18's where he put in a solid performance, scoring 2 goals and adding 2 assists. I've had a few people ask me about Nastasiuk's late season rapid rise up the rankings. I think it probably has to do with a change in the perception of Nastasiuk's potential. I think some people probably viewed Nastasiuk as a nice checking prospect early on in the season, but when his offensive game really started to blossom, it caused a shift in that perception. I see him as a comparable player to the Rangers' Ryan Callahan and I'd have to think many teams would be happy to nab that kind of player in the late first/early 2nd.
Quote:
16. Nick Moutrey - Forward - Saginaw Spirit
Moutrey hasn't received a ton of recognition this year, but I know there are some who feel that he's actually a better pro prospect than teammate Jimmy Lodge. He certainly has a tantalizing skill package. Moutrey is 6'3, 208lbs and plays a power/skill game. I do see some inconsistency in his power game though. At times, I feel like he's not aggressive enough with the puck. A guy his size should be looking to create by driving hard to the net, but he's too often kept to the outside, where he circles, looking pass first. There are times when he takes over shifts thanks to his wall work and puck possession skill, but the power part of his game requires an injection of confidence. I'd also like to see him become more consistently physical. All that said, I think he's a terrific prospect. He's got pretty good vision on the ice, especially for a big guy and he's a hard worker in the offensive end. I could see him being a very difficult player to contain eventually and he's certainly got enough skill to play a top 6 role at the next level, if everything progresses the way it should. There's probably an argument to be made that he's closed ground on the likes of Jason Dickinson and Ryan Kujawinski as a prospect for this draft (thus their close ranking on my list).