Old
06-06-2013, 09:45 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Both the GM and the head scout deserve total praise when scouting succeeds and total condemnation when scouting fails.
How can you say either?

Do you know for a fact that both wanted X player, or one wanted X player while the other wanted Y player?

Because we're all fans and not in the actual front office, we can't comment about this. All I'm saying is the ultimate responsibility for drafts/prospects/asset management is on the GM. He gets paid the big bucks for this responsibility. He has the right to fire scouts when they give him bad advice. The President has the right to fire the GM when he doesn't do a good enough job in all respects of his job (some of them mentioned above).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
So now you're saying yes, actually, TT ****ed up, but it's Gauthier's fault. W. T. F.

Which is it? Is TT great, or ****? Please don't obfuscate. I don't, I say he's pretty ****.
TT is great. When your boss goes against what you're saying or likes to micro-manage you, you can't do your job 100% effectively. Timmins was great. Drafted great players for Gauthier in the first round (Tinordi, Beaulieu). Saying otherwise is ludicrous.

dmanfish90 is offline   Reply With Quote