View Single Post
Old
06-06-2013, 10:58 AM
SupersonicMonkey*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Boom, I don't see anyone saying trading MDZ for a forward is going to make this team #1 in the NHL offensively. Stop with the exaggerations.

I think what people have come to realize is that moving forward, if the Rangers expect to keep Staal, McDonagh and Moore, which is a more than solid left side, MDZ is the odd-man out. I would have no problem moving Moore IF he had the same value as MDZ, but he does not.

Moving into the future, the Rangers will need help offensively. Good young forwards seem to be hard to come by for this organization and they can't pay McDonagh, Staal and MDZ to all play on the left-side. That is too much money tied up in the same position.

Neither Staal, nor MDZ have proven they can play successfully on the right side.

It just so happens that with Richards future buyout, they need a C or LW as they are weak at both. RW seems to be a strength moving forward. So is defense.
Exactly. Plus, I see more potential in Moore as a two way defender, in the mold of McDonagh, then I see in Del Zotto who's biggest strength is getting points, what happens in between those moments where he gets a point. They're mostly filled with anxiety.

Role, price, depth, and need says the smart thing to do is shop Del Zotto to see what we can get.

Personally, I'd like a Paajarvi, Petry, #37 return. Adds depth upfront, recoup depth on the back end, and gets us an opportunity to move up at the draft. And in the long term saves some cap space for further needs.

If a deal doesn't present itself (unlikely), no one is saying kick him out the door.