View Single Post
Old
06-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
So they should stick with what they have and hope their offense comes around?
Never said that. What I did say is I wouldn't move MDZ until we lock up Staal long-term.

I'm not opposed to some changes. I just refuse to buy into the idea that trading MDZ for a forward is a recipe for success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I have yet to see an idea from you. What do you want to see?
My ideas are probably boring, because they wouldn't involve a lot of trades and signings. I have a different concept from most on this forum when it comes down to building a winning team.

You can't have a huge turnover year after year. We've had three different teams in less than 2 years.

I would explore moving one of my favorite players in Marc. Not so much because of his injuries, but mostly the Carolina factor. I think he can get us a pick in the top-10.

I would target a guy like Ryder this summer. Someone who won't cost us any assets. Someone who can put the puck in the net. A pure offensive winger than can play on both flanks.

I would avoid Clowe. Love him, but not for more than 1-2 years.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Ryder-Brassard-Callahan
Kreider-Miller-Zucca
Powe-Boyle-Dorset

McDonagh-Girardi
MDZ-Stralman
Moore-McIlrath

Something along these lines here.

If Staal can get us in the top-10, do what it takes to move down in the 4-6 range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Callahan and Girardi...immediately give Malkin the 'C', and pay him a little under what you anticipated giving Callahan and Girardi on their next contracts.
Ballsy. I like it. But I'd rather just wait to see if Malkin hits free-agency first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
the Rangers started showing some success when Marian Gaborik signed as a free agent, because you know we had actual goal scorer then.
The Rangers started showing success before we signed Gaborik. The Rangers became 'successful' when Lundqvist started playing for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I am already on board with buying out Richards 100% as long as they have a plan to MAKE THE TEAM BETTER
Buying out Richards and opening the door to a young guys could make the team better.