View Single Post
Old
06-06-2013, 12:42 PM
GrogZilla

vCash: 500
IMO the suggestions to trade the Sedins are simply not realistic.
They have 1 year left & NTCs.
If Gillis tried to trade them at the deadline next year I think they'd just refuse & then retire to play in Sweden the following year.

I think they really want to win a Cup here & are willing to stick around as long as that seems possible.
The key will be what they're willing to sign for after next year.
I'm kinda hoping they take big discounts & agree to a series of 1 year deals in the 3-3.5 mill per year range. They want to win a cup & they aren't too concerned about money. They're family men & are financially secure for the rest of their lives.
Taking a big discount on 1 year deals would also go a long way to securing their legacy with the Canucks, leaving practically nothing for anyone to criticize them for.

I think they'll be Canucks for their entire careers & retire on their own terms.

They do seem to have declining production & the more i think about it, the more I think it might be time to split them up. Daniels goal scoring might be declining but he's still the 2nd best playmaker on the team. Splitting them up might remove the "one too many passes" syndrome they've been demonstrating.

Something like:

Booth Henrik Kassian
Daniel Kesler Burrows

Give Daniel 2 big, strong, drive to the net, goal scoring wingers & gives Kesler the skilled playmaking winger he needs.
It would also remove the predictability that the Sedins have fallen into.