View Single Post
Old
01-05-2004, 10:25 PM
TJF

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
Well that's your oppinion. Morrison is no Joe Thornton, but how many centers are there in the league that are better than Brendan? Maybe 20? IMO, that makes Brendan a legit #1 guy on most teams. I guess as long as he is setting up Todd and Markus and making up for their defensive lapses he'll never get seen as a legit #1 guy...oh well.
Put Morrison on any other team in the league and have him center any other wingers and he wouldn't put up nearly as many points as he does no question about it. Morrison simply benefits from playing with the two best wingers in the game today (Bertuzzi and Naslund). Hell I could play center with those two and I'd pick up some points. Boston has the samething with Knuble, there's no way in hell Knuble would have scored 30 goals last year if he didn't play on a line with Thornton and Murray. Morrison is good but definitely not a number 1 center in this league, he's a solid number 2.

As for wickedbsfan, I find your comments about Thornton to be funny, in one post you state that Thornton is a great number 2 center and possibly a number 1 on the right team. But in the same post you say his value is very very high and when someone asks you how high, you say top 10 center who isn't old and a number 1 d-man. I don't know about you but to me that seems like a lot to give up for a number 2 center doesn't it. Make up your mind, if you don't like Thornton that's fine but your all over the place when you talk about him.

As for this whole Thornton getting traded stuff, it's all nonsense, if your team had a franchise center who's your captain and still only 24 years old, would you be willing to deal him. The Bruins have had their struggles recently but Thornton isn't the problem, it's the supporting cast.