View Single Post
Old
06-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
since the moment we drafted him i wanted our center to be eller, galchenyuk, plekanec

DD's extension ruined everything

but we will see in time what happens, 2nd line center next year i do think is too rapid of development for galchenyuk, but i certainly dont think him being top 6 is rushing him, not at this point, we all know the kid can PLAY now
They will probably be that in a couple years. How is Desharnais' extension ruining anything, if Desharnais becomes expendable because Galcxhenyuk is ready for a bigger role then you trade him. Should be easy to move, he isn't signed for a 5 year 32 mil contract like Grabovsky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Patience everyone. While frustrating for the fans, its better for the team to have Galchenyuk play less minutes behind players that are not as flashy or promising than trade our other centers and force him in a role he might not be ready to assume.

He's not even 20 yet, its not a drama if he plays 15 minutes a game instead of 22. If he starts playing like a superstar then our other centers will naturally be bumped down the depth chart.

Lol nice one.
I agree, better to DEVELOP players than to throw them in the deep end of the pool and all they are worried about is surviving.

You want your young players to learn how to THRRIVE not just SURVIVE.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote