View Single Post
Old
06-06-2013, 02:55 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
DD's role should be warming the bench. You don't win with DD's in your lineup in the playoffs. You win with garbage goals in front of the net.

Put Pacioretty with Plekanec and Bourque and keep the Galchenyuk, Eller and Gallagher line together. Build your third line as your two-way line with Gionta and Halpern (and maybe Bickell), and your fourth line as your grit and experience line (Prust, White, Moen).
Well it all depends on how management wants to build a team, I get what you mean by DD not fitting in on a 3rd line of its built in a classic way, having 2 scoring lines a checking line a d a 4th line, but you need that 1 top level scoring line for that to work, ex Ducks, Caps. We don't have that top line talent and since we actually use one of our top centre as a checking line (Plek or Eller later on), you can have a scoring 3rd line with DD.

Also this you can't win with DD in your lineup, I don't agree with, he didn't have a good playoffs this year, but in his first year in 2011, he did well and Martin actually gave him extra mins, he also always shows up vs teams like Boston, I think you can't win with DD as your number 1 centre playing vs other teams top dmen but if used wisely I think you can win with DD on your team

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote