View Single Post
Old
06-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Draft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
You mean like Subban, Norris trophy finalist or Galchenyuk who played great as an 18 year old or Gallagher who is the Calder favorite or Tinordi holding his own less than 1 year out of junior?

Seems like throwing guys into the fire has been successful for us.

To me keeping DD at the expense of Gal at center reminds me of the win at all cost mode (yet only finish 8th) pre-Bergevin. We're not going ever be a cup contender until Galchenyuk develops into a top line center.
Subban spent 4 years in Junior and a full season in the AHL.... not sure what you're getting at there. Gallagher 4 junior seasons and a half season in the AHL. Tinordi 4 seasons of junior hockey and 3/4 of a season in the AHL and protected minutes in the NHL.

Seems like all of these guys have been developed well....? I'm not talking in the last three years.

Nothing is written in stone and I'm sure we can expect to see Galchenyuk at center on the 3rd line or in the top-6 as a winger at some point this year. His development will be fine either way, he doesn't need to be rushed into a top-6 C role.

Our last bigger offensive prospect I was kind of excited about- Latendresse... 3 years junior, straight into the NHL. He busted... hard. I'd rather play it safe and not stunt a player's development.

Draft is online now   Reply With Quote