View Single Post
Old
06-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Dennis Bonvie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
Right. Elliott and Anderson are climbing out of the "journeyman" category and into the "HHOFer" category like Thomas. This needs time.
Thomas only gets a "free pass" in retrospect, if they would have successfully traded Thomas for Simon Gagne like there was discussion at the time, those bad seasons define his career. Instead, Boston/Julien keep him and it changes the perception. He was just bad, flat out terrible, and we all knew it.

Elliott had his "amazing" season and now he gets a year off, and if St. Louis/Hitchcock can lock things up again, I'm sure one of Elliott or Halak will have another "amazing" season. Anderson should get a "year off" too, maybe young Robin Lehner will lead the league in GAA and save pct. and then Anderson will come back and do the same thing the next season.

We're just willfully not seeing the forest through the trees right now to reverse justify previous positions/beliefs...

Thomas' one playoffs: 1.98 / .940 save pct.
Rask's one playoffs so far: 1.85 / .940 save pct.

And once again, the goalie behind one of the better (or best) defensive team has the most saves in the playoffs on the most shots against. It's just modern defending 101 all over again...it's happening all over again. Of course, I hope this series goes seven.

And I love Rask, but he's been a little up and down in these playoffs, but has gotten stronger as the playoffs goes on. What he's done in the series vs. Pittsburgh is simply amazing though.
I have never heard anyone (other than you just now) mention Elliott or Anderson as possible HHOFers.

What seasons was he just flat out terrible?

Dennis Bonvie is offline   Reply With Quote