View Single Post
06-06-2013, 05:32 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I definitely can. There's a chance a guy like Burakowski is there at 25. There is pretty much zero chance that Burakowsky will be there in the second.
I agree.. Burakowsky is one of the few high-end offensive players that may slip because of some teams' considering him a risk. That's the beauty of having multiple picks. We have the luxury of taking a 'risk' on a player that has a high ceiling but may not reach it. For those who want us to make a 'safe' pick, I would reply, why are we trying to draft a player who will play on the 3rd line or be a 5th defenceman? How will such a player measurably improve the fortunes of this team? With the lowering of the cap there will be more players like that available through free agency than you can shake a stick at. At the coming draft we should be swinging for the fences and choosing those players that we deem have the highest upside. The ones that have the possibility to be game breakers. I don't want us to be drafting potential NHL players; I want us to draft potentially impactive NHL players. If only one or two turn out as hoped, this will be a good draft for us.