View Single Post
Old
06-06-2013, 06:36 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1561
Quote:
VOORHEES, N.J. - Kimmo Timonen has been doing a lot of thinking. Heck, his internal conversations with himself have gone back to last summer.

And the result of all of those quiet talks in his head is one ever-growing notion that next season, very likely, will be his last in the NHL.

“To be honest, I’m going into the summer thinking this might be my last year,” Timonen said Thursday after a workout at Flyers Skate Zone. “The mindset I have right now is that I just want to enjoy every moment next year because that could be it. It makes me excited. It’s one of those things when you feel like this could be it. You want to enjoy your time.

“I’m not saying this is 100 percent my last year, but it could be. It’s definitely pretty close to the end. I’ve tried to enjoy every moment and I want to come to camp in really good shape so I can play a lot of games and a lot of minutes and really try to enjoy next season.”
Quote:
Yes, he missed the last few games of the season with a broken bone in his foot, but that was six weeks ago. He has healed now and he feels great.

“It was a broken bone [in my foot] from a blocked shot,” Timonen said. “Two weeks earlier we noticed it. I tried to play through it but it was getting to the point where it was really sore after the games, but sometimes that happens when you block shots.

“I’m actually 100 percent. A good example is I played tennis yesterday. If you have a broken leg you can’t play tennis. So it’s good. My back feels great [too] and I’m really excited to go into the summer healthy and get ready for next year.”
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=673191

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote