View Single Post
Old
06-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAD HABSFAN View Post
Watching the 'final 4' I see all have stars and even a few superstars. I watch the intensity and how it seems almost every player takes it to another level. Do you feel the major components of our team could lift their game up to this level?

I wonder if Price can step up his game to go the distance to the cup? Will the core of our d.men keep the pace up that is needed when the intensity is soo high? Will our core offensive guys have that tenacity to go to the real ugly areas of the ice to win those puck battles?

I really wonder if we have that yet or even if we are just 1 or 2 players away. Maybe it is the fact that we have not had the chance to see us in a hard fought series yet that makes me doubt [other then boston couple years ago].

Could we play 4 series like the way we play Boston game in and game out? What do you think?
Boston is destroying Pittsburgh who destroyed Ottawa who destroyed the Habs. What's a fan to think?

It's all a lot to take in, but by this year's performance in the playoffs the Habs have a way to go. The topic is a more honest discussion than had the Habs lost in game 7 to the team that eventually wins the cup. Like 2011.

Boston proves that strength and depth gets more important as the other teams play tough games and eventually wilt by comparison. They are third round strong and the habs were first round weak.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote