View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 12:19 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
As for waiting for players to develop heres the age most of today's top players started playing regularly.
E Staal-20
J Staal-18
Kessell-18
Kane-18
Stamkos-18
Ovy-19
Crosby-18
Letang-20
Hall-18
Getzlaf-20
Tavares-18
Sedins-18
Duchene-18
Kopitar-19
Nash-18
Seguin-18
Carter-20
Backstrom-19
Thornton-18
Suter-20
Weber-20
Doughty-18

All those guys turned out alright despitr being "rushed".

I'm sure crawlingkastitsyn will say that these are all anomalies despite being the majority of the best players in the league.
Listen Loulou, there is a difference between ''playing regularly'' and being asked to be the top line center. Of the guys you named very few were thrown in a key role right away. Most were third or fourth liners in their first year (just like Galchenyuk) and very few were more than second liners in their second.

By your definition (and comparing him to these players) Galchenyuk IS playing regularly and I'm 100% in favor of him playing in the NHL, what I'm against is seeing him being asked to play 22 minutes while we trade our veteran centers just so he can accomplish his destiny sooner than he should.

It baffles me that people want to give Galchenyuk the first line before he even earns it. He will soon enough. He can have the first line when he outplays all our other centers.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote