View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 05:46 AM
Chimp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
Sign him for whatever he wants. For all your talk about winning cups I guarantee we won't win it without him any time soon. And I mean decades soon. This fanbase is just ridiculous. It's become a chore in here.
That's the problem, NYR won't win a Cup without Lundqvist and they won't win a Cup if Lundqvist doesn't give a discount either. The team is too flawed for that with too many bad contracts, every year. Too many players who never perform what they've been paid for.

Since Sather has consistently screwed up UFAs at epic levels and have built several joke teams around him, there's no reason for Hank to give a discount either. Had their been a better team built with legit Cup chances, an argument could've been given to Hank to give that discount to win a Cup, but now there is none. Hence, the Rangers won't win a Cup anytime soon and management has a ton to do with that, yet always get the free pass from the equally inactive team owner. They get a world class goaltender in their laps and still can't form a competitive team.

The only chance the Rangers have to win a Cup in the next decades is Lundqvist gives a big discount, Sather becomes a good GM all of a sudden, a great coach appears behind the bench and some players on the roster develops beyond expectations. All this before Hank's prime is over. Let's just say the chances are slim.

We desperately need a defenseman who can handle the breakout and start a transition rush, because basically none of ours can.

Last edited by Chimp: 06-07-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote