View Single Post
06-07-2013, 07:59 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by billyhauntswizards View Post
I'm kind of banking on the fact that Clowe wants to stay here and he hinted he'll take a paycut. We need physicality in that top 6 and please no Horton. I'd LOVE him but he's got to be an absolute last resort guy, he's one head shot away from his career ending. And I hope Slats' has some ace up his sleeve with McD because I expect offer sheets to pour in for him, I can see a 7 year $50 mill offer sheet in Paul Holmgren's future, lol.
Clowe will only be here if he takes a paycut. 2-3 year deal at 3.5 million max.

Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
If we re-sign Clowe, I want Pyatt gone (somehow). He probably has minor trade value. Sign Nystrom. Keep Asham around as a spare forward and give Haley a shot at a full-time roster spot.

Still a believer in very little roster turnover.
As am I. Upgrade the 3rd line center and 2nd line LW positions and we're in very solid shape. It's very likely that Miller or Lindberg will be ready for 3rd line minutes by the end of next season, but I would not be opposed to going out and getting Burmistrov as many have suggested here. Even if Miller or Lindberg push for minutes, Burmistrov can play LW, Miller can play either wing as well.

The 2nd line LW hole is a bit more tricky. If bought out, I wouldn't mind buying low on Tuomo Ruutu as I previously mentioned. Otherwise, it needs to be addressed by trade.

Is a very deep forward corps. provided JT or Oscar are ready. Fast and Thomas are the first call ups.