View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 09:18 AM
StoneHands

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post

Having watched both players a fair bit, I thoroughly disagree. They are both excellent players and when I did a little ranking of the top 15 or so players, they ended up 11 and 12.

Morrissey to me has the higher ceiling (due to being the best skater, good passer, solid physicality, does everything at a bit above average level), but the lower floor (because he has to develop physically and he takes too many chances).

Pulock has the higher floor (he has an NHL body already, tremendous leadership, the best shot amongst the defensemen, good decision-maker), but a bit lower ceiling because he has only average skating and he's not expected to grow a whole lot more.

I love high ceiling, but let's not forget that most guys never reach their ceiling. You can anticipate Morrissey getting bigger, but sometimes that doesn't happen or it doesn't lead to the improvement you expect.

Both of these players are worthy of our consideration at number 11. I personnally would like to see one of Nurse or Ristolainen fall to us, but either Morrissey or Pulock are fine consilation prizes whom I personally like more than the physical specimens (Zad and Morin), but I see why people like defensemen that have size.

Draft needs to get here already. Tired of these ridiculous circular arguments.... I'm probably defending Pulock only to have to watch him get drafted by a division rival and become a monster offensive producer
Sadly, this is life outside of the playoffs. We're used to just now starting to get into who we should draft, and usually there isnt as much hype about drafting in the mid 20's.