View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 09:23 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I continue to think that the scapegoating and vitriol thrown at Torts masked some of the very real personnel issues this team has - both when it comes to top-end talent and depth.

The roster you'd be happy with next year does not look like a championship team to me. In order to think it is, it requires some huge leaps of faith that players will grow under a new system. Something tells me, at the end of next season, I'll still be complaining about the roster construction - like I have since the Renney days - and others will be chastising the new coach. We shall see.
I get where you are coming from. I think you have to look at each position individually.

Nystrom is a very good 4th line player who can PK. Boyle is a good 4th liner who can PK and win face-offs.

The top-6 looks weak because it is. There isn't much they can do about that this off-season barring a major trade (which I don't condone after the trades both this season and last off-season).

What do you think of McLeod + Nystrom being added?

What about someone like Raymond?

On paper, pretty much any team they put together is not going to be "sexy", but whatever works.