Old
06-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Winger98
powers combined

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
Pick him up in a heartbeat if he's bought out- it's a no-brainer. The guy plays Selke-level defense on the wing (IMO), is great at puck possession, and his quick release wrister is awesome... one of my favorite players in the league.

Even if he wasn't still a great player, I'd like Kenny to sign him just to shut up all of the idiot Wings fans who boo him every game at the Joe since he signed with the Hawks. The guy left a lot of guaranteed long-term $ on the table to sign with Detroit for one season, and then left to take the Hawks offer when it was clear he was the odd man out with the Wings roster situation... never understood how fans could boo him for that. Any player would do the same thing in his situation.
I wouldn't boo the guy, but I don't think it helped that Hossa didn't exactly break the bank to sign with Chicago. The averages between the Wings and Hawks deals was around $400K or $500K a year, wasn't it? It's a bit unfair, but I can imagine people asking that if he liked Detroit so much, why he wasn't willing to lose that extra bit of cash every year.

As I said, it's a bit unfair, and I don't hold it against Hossa for bolting. Good player, and it worked out well for him. Meanwhile, I'd hate having another of those lifetime deals on the Wings.