Old
06-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
PK is not Chara, not even close.
PK can do things offensively that Chara can't even contemplate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Our back-end is up-and-coming with Subban, Tinordi, Beaulieu, and one of (Dietz, Ellis, Pateryn, Thrower, Nygren) in addition to Emelin, Gorges, and possibly Markov. A good solid vet signing for the next 3-4 years would be great. I think Diaz and Weber are expendable because I personally believe Beaulieu brings more to the table than both of them.

Our forwards aren't too shabby either with Pacioretty, Eller, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, and possibly one of (Kristo, Collberg, Leblanc, Hudon)

What do we need? Star quality forward. A "Subban-skilled" offensive threat.

I believe in Price.

There in 3 years, when Subban is 26-27 and carries the team on his back.
I agree.

I find a lot of fans on here need to watch other teams.

Here is the current top 4 of the "final 4" teams...in order by minutes played/game...

Boston
Charra
Seidenberg
Boychuk
Ference

Pittsburgh
Letang
Martin
Orpik
Niskanen

Chicago
Keith
Hjalmarsson
Seabrook
Oduya

Los Angeles
Doughty
Scuderi
Voynov
Regehr

I look at what the Habs currently have top 5(Diaz and Emelin both played most of their minutes top 5) and don't see a big difference with those teams.

I watch those playoff games and the teams play a very defensive style and their d-men still give up very good chances, which 3 of the 4 teams are getting great goaltending so far. Vokoun has been at least good if not great. The play of our goalies was the issue in the playoffs a lot moreso than the defense. Obviously having Emelin would have helped, but those 4 guys can legitimately play top 4 minutes in the NHL.

Diaz to me is as good or better than guys like Niskanen, Oduya, Ference and not far off of Voynov(who's playing over his head these playoffs).

Gorges can compare to guys like Scuderi, Hjalmarsson and Boychuk.

Emelin is as physical or more than anybody on that list.

Subban is already a legit 1st pair guy.

Markov isn't all the way back, but solid comeback year in tough conditions(big minutes with no subban, plus condensed schedule). He may be better next year.

All that isn't taking into consideration guys like Beaulieu and Tinordi who are close. Plus Dietz Ellis Nygren and Bennett also in the picture.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote