View Single Post
Old
10-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
These last two games have been bad yes, but let's look at the positives. For one, Auld has been great, last night was an amazing effort and it was like, if not better than what Luongo had done. I'm not saying he can keep that up, but if Auld can play anywhere near that level, than we did the right thing in trading Luongo. Because it gave us another offensive and defensive weapon in Bertuzzi and Allen. Now yes, the defense is still not good enough but it's certainly better than last year, Allen saved a goal from going in last night that clearly would have, great effort. Bertuzzi has 5 points already on the season and gives us an extra dimension we needed. Granted we were only without Peltonen though we don't know what he can offer us yet...losing Olesz and especially Newy hurts, then again Newy getting hurt is nothing new. The team has always had injury problems, few teams don't. Saturday's game was a total team meltdown and Belfour made it worse. Last night, at least we know we can count on Auld and a few defensemen who play well. Jackman took two stupid penalties and right now I don't know that there's a worthy #6 guy, Montador probably did the least stupid things but none of them have impressed. With these two injuries, I assume that Kiwi will play a forward spot and we'll have to recall a forward (can't imagine 8 defensemen playing), and with that let's see if we can't give Semenov a look. Also the top line is not clicking as well as it should, after Stumpel got sent into the boards he hesitated for much of the game. Not enough shots on net, the reason they won on Friday was not just because the Bruins and Thomas weren't all that good, but because we got well over 30 shots on net, giving us some good chances. To be fair, Toronto just did not give us powerplays, and there were a few missed holding calls. I'm far from giving up yet, not going to hit the panic button this early, especially when other teams in our division like Carolina can't even win a single game yet.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote