View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Habs need to value heart and leadership more in the draft. This has been our Achilles heel in the past. We have overvalued the Mr. November types in past drafts. You don't want to be built on players who "hit the wall" 2/3 thru the season. Lazar landslide over Gauthier
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNimitz View Post
I agree fully. I see Lazar as a Dustin Brown with more offence. As I previously posted, because he may be available in the #12 to #15 range and thus could be acquired at a reasonable cost (probably one of #34 or #36 and a prospect) he would be one of the few players that I would consider moving up for. I see Lazar as a future captain in the NHL and the type of core player that wins you a Stanley Cup. The reality is, I see him going in or near the top ten.
It would be a huge turn of events if Lazar provided more offense at the NHl level than Brown, Brown was the much better offensive player to this point in both careers, compare the numbers.

Brown had a ton more assists and led his team by almost 20 points his darft year, no comparison.