Old
10-10-2006, 07:55 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
Finally a well thought out post. We're only 3 games into the season and people are already giving up? Sheesh. Even if the Panthers continue their road woes yet are dominant at home it still gives us a very good shot at the playoffs (just like last season if you throw out November).

The top line is not showing the same force as last year right now. Jokinen seems to be creating his own chances but isn't getting much from Roberts and Stumpel. I saw Martin change up the lines which I expected to happen anyways (not just because of injury) to give these guys a different look. We're pretty deep so the injuries shouldn't affect us like early last year. Horton can easily move up to 2nd line RW and you can even move Stumpel to center if Niewy misses time. I'd like to see Jokinen and Bert get more time together and we saw Martin put them together on the PP.

Losing Olesz is a big blow though - I hope he's okay. Either way, this is still a deep team and should be able to hold their own at home. It's only on the road where they have problems and last night was still a game that they could have and should have won.
Considering the number of PPs Toronto had and the way the forwards played, Auld really saved us that point last night and they owe him, not that everyone was bad, Weiss needed that goal badly. We can certainly move Stumpel back to center, although that means breaking up the top line and Stumpel isn't that great at center, but if we lose both those guys, might as well do it and get Bertuzzi and/or Horton top line minutes. If we lose both, I assume that someone like Stewart or such would be called up, not gonna play 8 defensemen. Least Newy made it 3 games in this year. But nonetheless, with Carolina the way it is right now, we can win that game, plus TB...we always bring it against them.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote