View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 01:06 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Cherepanov, Blackburn, Cherneski - we've had our share of bad luck or whatever you want to call those awful outcomes. But a good team can recover from even those devastating results by having some depth when it comes to prospects. We swung for the fences on guys when our cupboard was bare, I've been saying this for a long time now. Who were we to pick all these high risk high reward guys when there were much more skilled players available, and some of those were alot more accomplished than the guy we took? Or we took players based on intangibles or needs(taking 2 goalies in the first round).

It only recently got better when we added a few guys who know a thing or two about today's game, though I still say they stepped out of line with the Mcilrath pick. It was a confluence of the Carcillo/Gaborik fight and the fact a guy like MCI was something Sather couldn't acquire in almost ten years at the helm.

Oh I don't think many will argue that
I agree with the old days, I disagree with the McIlrath pick. Looking back, there are quite a few players underwhelming who were picked around him and he has a unique skillset, even if he isn't as 'sexy' a player as Tarasenko.