View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Which encapsulates my point. Look at the kids we have in the lineup. They're good, cost-controlled options who have become some of our top performers. I'm not saying we've been excluding kids from the lineup. Far from it in fact. I'm just saying that we should stick with what works. Why go out and sign a 3rd line center when we have Lindberg and Miller who can battle for that spot in camp? Why invest cap space in a lousy FA market when we've demonstrated more success at filling those holes from within?

Continue to do a fine job bringing kids into the lineup. Stick with what has worked and avoid the landmines we continue to step on in free agency.
Besides Stepan and McDonagh, what kids have made consistent/higher-end contributions?

Gaborik and Richards, for instance, were a big part of why last year's team was a #1 seed in the east. They weren't the answers this season, but somebody needs to be, and I don't think the solution is going to come from a few kids trying to find their way in the NHL.