View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I didn't say impact in the NHL, I said impact in the minors. He's a non-factor in Hamilton, so to expect him to even come close to being effective in the NHL is misguided at this point.
He had an impact in Hamilton at 20. Was 11-11-22 in 31 games before being called up, that's a near 60 point pace and would have been an excellent rookie year in the AHL. He was obviously not ready for NHl last yaer but was called up due to myriad of injuries and trades, (5-5-10 in 42 games) showed flashes of skill and didn't look out of place.

No doubt he had a crappy 2012-13 season and it's a setback, but it's not like his development has been crap since being drafted. It's ONE crappy year out of 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemiseBleuHonnete View Post
I just don't get your point. You say : don't give up on him because all the other players drafted drafted near his spot all suck. Well, that's flawed logic to start with, you can't prove your point with an argument that's irrelevant about your premise.

Besides, he's already 22 and hasn't made a minor impact in the minors, which is rarely a good sign.

Now, look at he fact that we drafted many other prospects that leaped him the the depth chart and we'll likely have a few more this year, it's getting harder and harder to see him as a regular for us in the future.
He made an impact last year at 20. This year was definitely a struggle, but he is still plenty young enough to bounce back and far from being considered a write off.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote