Old
06-07-2013, 02:26 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredflag View Post
Jordan Staal is 42 for center last season for pts/game. In my book, is at the top of the 3 line center, if you consider the first 40 to be the top 1-2 center in the league. I agree with you that depending of the team, you can end up being 1 or 2 center.
Plek is 32 for center for pts/game. It's middle 2 line center, I give you that, but I still consider him more efficient in a defensive center style than in a offensive role.

Anyhow, I don't want us to trade him and that the end of the story. I consider him our best center right now, so I want us to keep him.

As for Markov, I agree with you that the split season and the high tempo season could be a little deceiving for his evaluation. My gut tell me that he cannot get back to is old self, but frankly I have been wrong before on a player and if he can prove me wrong I will be the first happy, but I will not shed a tear if he is trade... depending of the return.
Firstly, that statistic has some bias as there are guys who didn't even play half season in that chart above Jordan. So no, he's not 42nd.

Tomas Plekanec on PIT is the #3 C. Saku Koivu, David Krejci, Bergeron, Cody Hodgson, Mike Cammalleri, Jonathan Toews are all #3 Centres (just to name a few).

I think on at least 20/30 NHL teams, Jordan Staal is #2 centre. His stats reflect it. You don't score a 60 point pace 2+ seasons in a row by being a #3 centre.

Tomas Plekanec is an elite 2nd Line, arguably a Top 30 C in the NHL if he has better players to play with (GIO AND BOURQUE).

Mull that over.

As for Markov, he's also 34, been through 2 knee reconstructions, and yet still was able to SCORE points and MOVE THE PUCK, which is what he is mainly, with some defensive upside before this season and injuries.

dmanfish90 is offline   Reply With Quote