Old
06-07-2013, 01:29 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Why?

I see Gauthier with as much offensive upside...plays a more premium position...better defensively and more overall compete level.

Mantha has better numbers mostly due to being almost a year older(very late 1994).
Mantha is a wild card for me since I'm going by scouting reports and eye witness tests here on hfboards, but by all accounts he does have the puck skills and shot to be a natural goal-scorer. I know you probably wouldn't take him on your team if he came to you for free, and that's fine, perhaps you will be right. Right now, I'll take outside sources on the whole.

I did, however, see some Gauthier at the U-18s. I would consider using a late second rounder on him, MAYBE one of the two early ones, but he did not give the feeling that he'd be anything more than a third liner if he works out.

I would prefer taking a Dauphin, who looks like he could easily be a third liner but has enough jump in his game to make it into the top-six.

Pretty much why I would be more okay with Mantha going 25 than Gauthier: if he has the tools everyone says he does, then I have hope he can make it as a scorer. He'll need to work on things with regards to consistency and using his size more (something Gauthier is not entirely innocent of either), so to be clear he is not my absolute favorite pick as of yet. If Montreal wants a two-way player, I'd rather have Dauphin going 25, simple as that. My personal preference would be McCoshen if he's still around but I dunno beyond that.

Last edited by BLASPHEMOUS: 06-07-2013 at 01:35 PM.