View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Agree with most of this. I want to see Kreider, Miller and Lindberg in the lineup next year. Maybe not Lindberg out of camp but soon after. I'm not ready to give up on MDZ like some others but if he and Boyle can be packaged for a high scoring LW then I'm in on moving him. Otherwise our D is set and then it's a question of what the forwards look like. If we cannot trade for a LW I would go with what we have under a new system which includes trying to retain Clowe at the right price. So we start with (meaning with Hags and Cally healthy)

Kreider Step Nash
Clowe Brassard Zucc
Hags Miller Cally
Powe/Pyatt Boyle Dorsett

I'm one of those who thinks that the PP failures were part lack of a point shot and part system. Moore, McD, and Stralman can all bring it from the point; they need a chance to be creative without the fear of a benching for any defensive mistake. With Torts gone I'd like to see what this group can do before making wholesale changes.

If Lindberg and McI prove to be ready early in the season then we take another swipe at getting that scoring wing. And Fast/Thomas/Hrivik are other wildcards that could help our scoring woes if they are up to the task.
I thought Boyle was gone for sure?