View Single Post
06-07-2013, 02:59 PM
vCash: 500
I just played my first "game" last night. It was organized pick up, which was put on by the guys at, and it was great. I decided to start out at the "D" level novice and see where I stacked up. When I first got to the rink, I was a little nervous, and wasnt sure what to expect. While in the dressing room the guys I was about to play with (most of whom were probably over 40. One guy was definitely pushing 65-70), all seemed to know each other and played together a long time. I introduced myself to a few of them and they were all very welcoming, and a great group of guys. They asked if I was any good and I told them a little about my background playing a lot of street hockey and rollerblading a ton. They asked if I understood the blue line and I told them I did. I was put on a line, and we went at it for a little over an hour. It was so much fun. I fell coming onto the ice once, and was knocked off the puck more than once. But I made a few really good passes, and set up some good scoring chances. I was gassed by the end, but had a smile on my face the whole time. I am so proud to be able to say I am not just a fan, I am a player. Thanks for giving me the ispiration guys!

stocky is offline   Reply With Quote