View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 04:24 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Hawks will probably try to re-sign Bickell (Looks bleak at this point)

Leddy/Kruger will be brought back at raises (I would peg Leddy at 2.5M and Kruger at 1.4M)

Morin/Smith/Pirri/Hayes ,, Some combo or trio of that group likely makes team

If they need more cap room then Boland is likely traded. He is shadow of his former self now and with Shaw's emergence at #3 C this year the Hawks can afford to dump him and his terrible cap hit
Not surprisingly given he is a Hawks mod, but this is what I expect to happen. Along with Stalberg leaves which isn't listed. I think Bolland is shipped this summer, will be interesting to see what his return is. The RFA deals are closer to what will actually happen.

Olesz and Montador are bought out. They keep Hossa and even if they were going to not buyout Montador and found some taker, I think they would still wait an additional year to buyout Hossa. They would find a way to finesse under the cap and re-evaluate the long-term notion of this the following summer. Also something to watch and make no mistake at two/thirds an extra year saves potentially millions of dollars, I know these owners are rich, but that is a part of what I think you are seeing when guys like Bryz are getting another year. Another front loaded year where you actually get play from these guys is important if you can figure out how to do it. That year also lowers the buyout, in some cases that could be worth 15 to 20 million in terms of the owners mind, he got some usage out of him and lowered his buyout.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote