View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 03:37 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
The worst thing about Couturier is that the head coach doesn't view him as nothing more than a 3rd line center. Until that changes and Laviolette starts realizing what a fantastic and smart hockey player he has, Couturier is always going to get buried. Some mention him as a Bergeron-type of player, but I think if Couturier were given an offensive role, he might just be a Ron Francis type of player. But once again, the problem is the head coach who just doesn't view Couturier as anything more than a 3rd line player.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the Flyers should move Giroux to the wing and use Couturier as the top line center. Giroux would be shielded from having to perform the defensive related duties that come with being a center and would get to focus on generating offense on the wing. Couturier and his big body would be much more suited for that role of the top line center and the defensive assignments and duties related to that position. Couturier would also get the much needed opportunity to develop his offensive game playing alongside Giroux and Voracek. You then move Fartnell to the second line with Schenn and Simmonds and have Laughton center the third line with Read and Talbot/Gagne/Whoever the Flyers decide to sign to fill that third line spot.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote